Customize, track, and manage your ONE-KEY™ compatible tools by, first, learning how to them to inventory.
One-Key compatible tools need to be added to inventory in order for you to take full advantage of their built-in technology, security, and tracking functionality.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a One-Key compatible tool to inventory using your Android device.
Note: The screens featured in this article may appear different than what you see on your device due to different phone manufacturers having different procedures.
- To get started, make sure you have your Bluetooth® enabled for the app, as you’ll need this in order to connect to your new tool.
- Once you’ve launched the One-Key app on your mobile device, your inventory screen will load by default. Tap the overflow icon in the top righthand corner of the screen, then select “Add item” from the popup menu.
- On the Choose Item Type screen, select Milwaukee One-Key.
- Nearby devices will populate your screen. Find and tap the tool you’d like to claim ownership of.
- Hold your Bluetooth-enabled device near the tool so they can sync.
- You’ll get a success screen indicating that your tool has been added to inventory.
- Tap again to connect to this tool and to access its details page. Here, you can add additional information, such as:
- adding custom tool numbers
- adding category for easier sorting
- assigning tool to a specific place, person, and division to describe the work this tool will be used for, and for added accountability
- changing the tool’s status to better reflect its current condition or availability
- adding a service date and set a reminder to stay on top of your tool’s maintenance
- adding purchase information (such as where your bought it and for how much, and attach a receipt) for easier bookkeeping
- Make sure to tap the Save button to log all of this new information to One-Key.
Your One-Key compatible tool has been added.
Now that you've added your new item, you can customize, track, and manage it in the One-Key app, backed by industry's largest Bluetooth tool tracking network and a comprehensive, enterprise inventory management system.