Get alerted whenever your equipment starts to wander beyond its assigned perimeter.
With geofence technology, you can set up virtual perimeters around any of your locations in One-Key to build visibility to your tools, and ensure if they're spotted outside the boundaries you've set up for where they're assigned, you'll get notified.
In this article, we'll show you how to set up a geofence for one of your places using your Android-based smartphone device.
Note: The screens featured in this article may appear different than what you see on your device due to different phone manufacturers having different procedures.
Get started on the One-Key mobile app
- Log in to the One-Key mobile app.
- The homepage, or Inventory Dashboard, will display on your screen.
With Geofencing, you can take security measures to protect and keep tabs on your tools. You can set up a geofence when you add a place.
In this section, we'll show you how to add a geofence to an already created place.
Starting from the Inventory Dashboard, which will load by default, tap on Places at the bottom of the screen.
From your list of places, tap on the place that you wish to add a geofence to.
Now tap the blue “Add a Geofence” button in the middle of your screen, just below your place's contact info. A map will enlarge to fill the screen.
4. Set your location by entering the address in the search bar at the top of your screen, or by pressing and holding a point on the map to drop a pin.
5. Now tap the blue “Add Geofence” button. A rectangular box will appear over your place. Tap and drag the perimeter buttons to adjust the shape and size of your geofence.
6. Make sure you tap the blue “Save” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when you’re finished adding the geofence.
Now you will receive an alert whenever any tools or equipment assigned to this place moves past the geofence.
Adding a geofence from your mobile device is just one more way One-Key empowers you to stay on top of where your tools are.