Use the ONE-KEY™ web app to add your tools and equipment from other manufacturers.
One-Key is a full-service inventory management platform, and while we love when you use our system to track your Milwaukee® tools, we've designed our app so you can add and keep track of all your equipment, not just the ones engineered with our software in them.
In this article, we'll show you how you can use the desktop app to migrate tools and equipment from other brands and manufacturers into your One-Key digital inventory.
Get started on your desktop computer
- Log in to the One-Key mobile app.
- The homepage, or Inventory Dashboard, will display on your screen.
How to add a non-Milwaukee tool from scratch
Manage all of your tools in One-Key from your computer, whether they’re from the Milwaukee line or another. This section will explain how to add a new tool from a different manufacturer to your inventory, completely from scratch.
- Starting from the Inventory Dashboard, click the blue “Add item” button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click the blue “Get started” button in the Start from scratch box near the center of the screen.
- Under Model Information, click the Manufacturer drop down menu. From here, you can scroll down until you see the manufacturer of your tool. Click on the manufacturer, or enter the name into the search bar at the top of the drop down menu.
- Now you can enter the tool’s photo, description, model number, category, value, and the last date it was serviced.You can also set a new service date.
- You can also enter in the item’s purchase information from this screen.
- Once you’ve entered all the details you wish to include about your new item, click the blue “Save” button at the bottom of your screen. Make sure you’ve filled out all the required fields—manufacturer name, model number and description—or you will not be able to advance.
Now your newly created tool will appear in your list of tools at the Inventory Dashboard.
Now you know how to use One-Key to keep track of all your tools.