If you print your own barcodes, you'll like our built-in barcode scanner. Easily assign and track barcoded items in ONE-KEY™ using your device's camera.
One-Key is a comprehensive inventory management platform. Aside from our platform's tools that are inherently engineered with One-Key software, we've developed barcoding software into our mobile app that lets you use your device's camera to scan for and assign barcodes to any of your items.
In this article, we'll show you how to assign a barcode or One-Key asset ID tag.
Get started in the mobile app
- Launch the One-Key mobile app.
- The homepage, or Inventory Dashboard, will display on your screen.
How to assign a barcode or One-Key asset ID tag
With its built-in barcoding software, One-Key simplifies the process of barcode inventory tracking for you, letting you use your smartphone's camera to scan and assign your barcodes. You can also opt to assign One-Key asset ID tags which enhance scanability and job site durability.
- From your inventory, tap the item you want to assign a barcode to.
- Scroll to the bottom of your screen and tap "Assign barcode."
- Center your barcode in the viewing window.
- Either manually type in your barcode or scan it with your device's camera.
- A popup will appear in the bottom of your screen. Tap "Assign."
In your item's details, your barcode or One-Key asset ID tag will display at the bottom of your screen.
One-Key makes it easy to incorporate barcodes and One-Key asset ID tags right from your smartphone. Big or small, you can keep track of a variety of tools and equipment with barcodes or One-Key asset ID tags.