Transfer barcoded and tagged tools and equipment across jobs fast with a simple scan and send.
The in-app scanner within One-Key lets you assign Asset ID Tags, and to find where a tagged or barcoded item belongs by scanning it using your smartphone's camera. This eliminates the need for expensive standalone scanning hardware. In addition to quick lookups, One-Key's barcode reader also allows you to easily transfer tagged and barcoded items between jobsites.
In this article, we’ll show you how to complete a tool transfer using an Asset ID Tag or barcode.
Note: The screens featured in this article may appear different than what you see on your device due to different phone manufacturers having different procedures.
Launch the One-Key Mobile App
- Your inventory will open. Along the bottom menu, tap “Places.”
- Select a project or job you want to transfer items from.
Transferring Tagged or Barcoded Tools and Equipment
- Once in your place’s details, scroll down and tap “Start a Transfer.”
- Your inventory items at this place will load.
- To add an item by scanning its barcode, tap the barcode icon on the righthand corner of your screen, located beside the search bar. When you center your item’s asset tag or barcode in the viewing window, by moving your item under your device’s camera, your item's barcode or asset ID tag number and associated details' card will auto-populate in your cart, like in the below example:
- Check the box located beside your item (as in the above example) to add it to your list of items to be transferred.. Repeat this process as many times as you need until you’ve got everything in the cart for your transfer.
Once the cart is full, finish the transfer process by selecting a destination and assignee.
- We'll display a summary of the transfer you're about to complete (as seen below, in the screenshot on the left). If everything looks good, tap the "Complete."
Once that’s completed, you can send a confirmation of the delivery to whoever needs to know (as displayed above in the screenshot on the right). We’ll save a copy for you in your transfer history that you can access whenever you need.
One-Key's scanner functionality makes transferring equipment with Asset ID Tags or barcodes fast and simple.