Use the ONE-KEY™ mobile app to create locations for your equipment.
Assigning tools to a place—whether it’s your home base, a remote jobsite, or a moving vehicle—is a great way to stay organized and keep tabs on the different items in your inventory. But before you can deploy your equipment to the field, you need to know how to set up a location.
In this article, we'll show you how to do this from the One-Key mobile app.
Get started on the One-Key mobile app
- Login to the One-Key mobile app.
- The homepage, or Inventory Dashboard, will display on your screen.
How to add and customize a place
With the Add a Place feature in One-Key, you can organize tools and equipment at a specific project, so you'll be able to take inventory right from your smartphone or tablet.
A Place can be:
- Your home base or a central tool location where your tools will be stored
- An ongoing project or jobsite
- Or even a vehicle moving between jobsites, where your tools are temporarily stored.
To Add a Place:
- Start at the Inventory Dashboard and tap Places at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap the “+” sign in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- The next page will display three options for the type of place you’d like to add: Home base, Project/Job, and Vehicle. Tap on the type of place you’d like to add.
- From here, you can enter the Place Name (required) and Cost code. Now choose to either Submit your new place or Add Details:
- Phone number: The contact information associated with your new place.
- Division: The team or work crew associated with your new place.
- People: The name of individual team members associated with your new place.
- Image: A photograph of your new place.
5. Once all your relevant details are added, tap Set Location at the bottom of the screen. A map will enlarge to fill your screen.
6. From here, either enter the address of your new place into the search bar at the bottom of the screen, or tap and hold a spot on the map to drop a pin.
7, Now you can tap the blue “Add Geofence” button if you want to set up a virtual perimeter around your new place. A rectangular box will appear over your place. Tap and drag the perimeter buttons to adjust the shape and size of your geofence.
8. When everything is entered to your satisfaction, make sure you tap the “Submit” button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Now your new place will appear on your Place's Dashboard.
Now that you've added a place, you can better track your inventory at this location and maintain a sense of accountability and transparency on the job and across your operations. Important information about your most used locations and the tools stored there, as well as the personnel assigned to them, can be found right from your place's dashboard.