Learn the necessary device settings needed to get full functionality and always be up-to-date on where your tools are located.
ONE-KEY™ takes advantage of your mobile phone’s Bluetooth® capability to track all the compatible, barcoded, and TICK™ equipped items in your inventory.
What's more, One-Key compatible tools come standard with Milwaukee tool security features that empower you to lock out tools you suspect are missing or stolen. However, for all of this to work properly, you first need to know how to enable tool tracking.
In this article, we'll show you how to do just that.
Get started on the mobile One-Key App.
Log in to the One-Key mobile App.
The homepage, or Inventory Dashboard, will display on your screen.
Enable tool tracking
You won’t be able to track your tools with One-Key unless the Bluetooth® on your phone is activated and the items you’re wishing to track are in range. For the strongest connection and most-up-to-date information about your tools, make sure that:
Location services are always enabled in the One-Key mobile app.
Bluetooth® is always enabled on your phone.
- The One-Key mobile app is always running in the foreground or background of your phone. *For the best tracking functionality, background location access is recommended to allow for continuous location updates and alerts.
To enable tool tracking in the One-Key mobile app and Bluetooth® on your phone:
Tap “Settings” in the bottom right hand corner of the homepage, or Inventory Dashboard.
At the Setting page, tap “Tool Tracking.” The next screen will display the status of your Bluetooth® and location settings.
3. Now tap “Location” once, and again on the next screen.
4. On the next screen, choose to “Always” allow location access.
- Keeping location services activated at all times is the only way to maintain the strongest and most current connection between your phone and your equipment.
5. Next, in your device's settings, navigate to your apps, near the bottom of your screen. Tap into “ONE-KEY™.”
6. Make sure Bluetooth® is toggled on.
*iOS requires you turn location and Bluetooth on manually.
Enable Geofence Notifications for Added Security
If you've added geofences, you can set up geofence notifications in One-Key and we'll alert you regarding missing items and provide you with a daily geofence summary.
- Return to the settings of the One-Key mobile app.
- Tap into Notifications.
- Toggle Missing items and Geofence daily summary on.
Now your Bluetooth® and locations services are enabled on your phone and One-Key mobile app.
Keeping your location services always enabled is the best way to stay connected to your tools and get the most up-to-date information about their locations.